Development Finance Specialists
Finance Advocates is an independent, privately owned and operated development finance consultancy, strictly dedicated to serving Australia’s property developers. The daily focus and only focus is structured development finance.
- Developer: Grocon Group
- Address: 161 Castlereagh Street, Sydney
- Loan Amount: $250,000,000
- Project Description: Senior debt package sourced & negotiated for the Grocon Group to assist with the development of a 43 storey commercial office anchored by ANZ Bank & Freehills.
- Developer: Kalis Property Group
- Address: Hobart CBD
- Loan Amount: $62,000,000
- Project Description: Hobart Central: $62m senior debt package for the development of the Myer anchored, Hobart Central - a CBD retail complex in Hobart, Tasmania for the Kalis Group.
- Developer: Australian Unity
- Address: Bondi, Sydney
- Loan Amount: $30,000,000
- Project Description: Senior debt package sourced & negotiated for Australian Unity Retirement Living on stages 1 & 2 of their Lifestyle Manor Complex.
- Development Type: 14 Apartments over 4 levels
- Address: Collingwood VIC
- Loan Amount: $4,000,000
- Case Study:
The client who was well established with one of the major banks was declined finance for his 14 apartment project due to the level of pre-sales he had achieved. At that point 4 apartments were sold with intention of holding some of the stock and selling others on completion to maximise the sales revenue.
Prior to approaching Finance Advocates, the client also approached another two banks that also declined to assist with the transaction.
- Finance Delivered: Finance Advocates was able to structure a loan of $4,000,000 which was 67% of the Gross Realisation net of GST with the 4 sales being more than sufficient to get the project started.
- Development Type: 2 Luxury Homes
- Address: Elwood VIC
- Loan Amount: $2,250,000
- Case Study:
Client was a 20 year + valued client of a major bank who also held substantial credit funds at the same time. The partnership’s intentions was to build two luxury townhouses on their property with the view of selling one on completion to maximise their return which would go close to completely clearing all their debts.
After approaching their existing bank they were advised that it would only be approved if they had a pre-sale on one of the townhouses prior to construction commencing.
- Finance Delivered: Finance Advocates was engaged and were efficiently able to secure the client a funding package through a Bank, without the need for any pre-sales.
- Development Type: 2 Luxury Townhouses
- Address: Beaumaris VIC
- Loan Amount: $2,080,000
- Case Study: Client commenced construction of two luxury townhouses initially using his own funds without securing any funding approval from a bank beforehand. On nearing the completion of the frame stage he approached his bank (one of the majors) only to be declined funding, as the “cost to complete” fell way outside of Bank policy guidelines and there were no pre-sales in place. The client then approached a further six lenders who all failed to assist.
- Finance Delivered: The client approached Finance Advocates who were able to structure a finance package with a second tier bank that not only allowed to complete the construction, but did not place any pre-sale commitments. The project was successfully completed and a sale achieved on one of the townhouses on completion.
- Development Type: 7 Townhouses
- Address: Preston VIC
- Loan Amount: $1,200,000
- Case Study: The client, an owner / builder, was unable to secure finance on his development project despite having the land unencumbered, as his bank and several others were insisting on some level of pre-sales (in some cases 100% debt coverage).
- Finance Delivered: Finance Advocates successfully secured a funding package with a second tier bank funding 100% of the construction costs, capitalised interest and some additional soft cost with NO-PRESALE conditions.
- Development Type: 2 Luxury Townhouses
- Address: Forest Hill VIC
- Loan Amount: $960,000
- Case Study: Clients commenced the construction of two townhouses using their own funds to progress them to base stage, before securing funding approval from their bank. Their long standing bank then declined to assist as the loan request fell outside of bank policy despite already having one of the properties pre-sold.
- Finance Delivered: On approaching Finance Advocates, they were able to obtain a funding package that equated to 80% initially on the land and 67% of the overall Gross Realisation of the Project.
- Developer: SDAC Group
- Address: Wahroonga, Sydney
- Mandate Description: Formulation and implementation of a long term development plan and accompanying risk management strategies for the Group's 50ha, $750,000,000 SAN Hospital Estate site located in Wahroonga Sydney. The mandate includes sourcing and managing their senior debt requirements for the initial 2 stages ($100,000,000).
- Developer: Quest Apartment Group
- Address: Australia Wide
- Mandate Description: A broad brief to provide assistance with elements of the Group’s growth strategy including:
- Sourcing new development sites across the country;
- Introducing reputable developers to work with the Group; &
- Assisting with the evolution and delivery of elements of the Group’s strategy to broaden and deepen its investor base.